Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office E911 Coordinator since 2011
- As E911 Coordinator I Implemented text to 9-1-1 and upgrades to 9-1-1 Equipment and Services. I am currently working to bring NG911 Core Services and improving data as required for NG911.
Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office Public Safety Operator from 1991-2011 (Operator, Supervisor and Training Coordinator)
- As Training Coordinator, I coordinated the effort with our staff that led to the State Certification of the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office Communications Training Program and received an accommodation for the effort.
Appointed to the Florida E911 Board as an At Large Representative in 2014 and is currently serving in that role.
- As an at large representative on the E911 board, I represent all FL the counties (small, medium and large) and act in their best interests regarding funding and technology.
Currently serving as the Immediate Past President of the Florida Chapter of the National Emergency Number Assn, Inc.
- I have been a member of the Executive Board since 2012 serving in the positions of Education Committee Chair, 2nd Vice President, Vice President, and President
- As the Florida NENA President from April 2018-November 2019, under my leadership, our team re-organized the Chapter, became Incorporated and gained 501c3 status for the organization. We have implemented and continue to implement policies that will guide future Executive Board Members while providing consistency in coming years. We provided more value to our organization by introducing a new member management site and grew our membership by 41%. As President I began the process of facilitating GIS Training state wide and continue to facilitate this effort as Immediate Past President.
- As the Florida NENA Education Chair, our committee re-implemented the ENP Study Group which is still active today and has been very successful with participants from all over the country. I also had the opportunity to lead our team in the presentation of the Florida 9-1-1 Bootcamp which is well attended each year at our Annual State Conference.
NENA Education Advisory Board member since 2014.
NENA Development Steering Council Member and Wellness Committee Co-Chair.
- The Wellness Committee is NENA’s largest Committee of 95 members and have been tasked with identifying issues pertaining to health and Wellness of our 9-1-1 Community and putting together working-groups that will develop Standards, Best Practices and Informational Documents that will address the identified issues.
- As a Wellness Co-Chair, I have additionally been tasked with managing a resource committee responsible for vetting resources for NENA’s Wellness Continuum Website.
NENA Public Education Working Group Member
- Participated in the creation of the NG911 Guide.
- Co-presented at NENA’s Standards and Best Practices Conference in 2018 & 2020.